Re: How to input chinese characters with `scim'?

From: Xah
Subject: Re: How to input chinese characters with `scim'?
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 08:41:02 -0700 (PDT)

« on some chinese input and character display problems »

i type chinese occationally.

my encoding is set to utf-8, and i am able to use both chinese-py and
chinese-py-b5 as input systems, and see all characters correctly. (am
on mac os x)

btw, gb-2312 is rather obsolete, not sure if you are choosing it for a
reason. I don't think gb2313 include both simplified and traditional
chars.

you might try gb18030, which supercedes gb2312 and is just a superset,
and in fact is a variant of unicode, and includes both simplified and
trad chars. Wikipedia has details.

  Xah
  xah@xahlee.org
∑ http://xahlee.org/