Redefining (forward-word) and (backward-word)

From: troelskn
Subject: Redefining (forward-word) and (backward-word)
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 08:08:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi list,
I have been using Emacs for some time now, but there is one thing
about the cursor-movement that bothers me and I haven't found a way to
hack around it. I'm sure someone else have tried this before, but I'm
at loss at what to google for, to find it. So, does anybody at this
list know, or have an idea about how, to achieve the following:

First, assume Emacs' default cursor-movement (The | character is the
cursor-position):
|lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
(forward-word)
lorem| ipsum dolor sit amet
(forward-word)
lorem ipsum| dolor sit amet
(backward-word)
lorem |ipsum dolor sit amet

What I would like instead, is this:
|lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
(my-forward-word)
lorem| ipsum dolor sit amet
(my-forward-word)
lorem |ipsum dolor sit amet
(my-backward-word)
lorem| ipsum dolor sit amet

So basically, my-forward-word moves the cursor forward, until it
reaches a word-boundary.

Any ideas?

--
troels