Re: Emacs fonts and unicode

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs fonts and unicode
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 19:52:08 +0200

Am 06.05.2008 um 16:53 schrieb Paulo J. Matos:

 Try to extend the fontset(s) you use with something like this:

  (set-fontset-font "fontset-default" (cons (decode-char 'ucs #x2000)
                                         (decode-char 'ucs #x206f))
'("dejavu sans" . "iso10646-1"))  ; General Punctuation

Nothing seems to change by adding this .emacs.
Am I missing something? Font is of good size but still aliased and
without unicode.

Are you using the "fontset-default" fontset? If not, then augment the one you are using.

The HELLO buffer (C-h H) shows the changes for me – otherwise I would not have written a theoretical contribution. Another, more complete test, is the utf8.txt in Kermit.

--
Greetings

  Pete

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                                – Blaise Pascal