Re: Strange "boldification" of letters

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Strange "boldification" of letters
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 23:46:48 +0200

On Sat, May 10 2008, Torsten Bronger wrote:

> Reiner Steib writes:
>> ,----[ INSTALL.CVS ]
>> | Questions, requests, and bug reports about the CVS versions of Emacs
>> | should be sent to emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org rather than gnu.emacs.help
>> | or gnu.emacs.bug.  Ideally, use M-x report-emacs-bug RET which will
>> | send it to the proper place.
>> `----
>
> I know this passage very well.

Is there a good reason not to honor the request of the developers?

> But in my opinion it'd be good to ask the big audience whether it's
> a bug in Emacs at all before I post it there.

The "big audience" here is about released versions of Emacs.  The
development list are - well - about development versions and changes
to reach the developers are better there (although several developers
read this list/newsgroup as well, of course).  In your case, the
problem already is/was under discussion on emacs-devel, as Stephen
Berman pointed out.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,