Re: Strange "boldification" of letters

From: Torsten Bronger
Subject: Re: Strange "boldification" of letters
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 09:36:38 +0200

Hallöchen!

Reiner Steib writes:

> On Sat, May 10 2008, Torsten Bronger wrote:
>
>> Reiner Steib writes:
>>> ,----[ INSTALL.CVS ]
>>> `----
>>
>> I know this passage very well.
>
> Is there a good reason not to honor the request of the developers?

If I know for sure that it is a bug in Emacs, I honor it.  In this
case, I found it totally plausible that it's Gnome which is to blame,
or some other layer between Emacs and my flat panel display.

Besides, the above formulation really is unfortunate: "Questions"
and "requests" should only go to emacs-pretest if they actually mean
the CVS version.  However, 95% of my CVS Emacs is the same as the
last released one, and general Emacs questions should go here -- no
matter which version I have.

Tschö,
Torsten.

                                      Jabber ID: bronger@jabber.org