Re: How to hide the startup echo area message?

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: How to hide the startup echo area message?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 12:39:04 -0400

My generic answer to emacs startup questions is to use
one of the client / server packages, gnuclient or
emacsclient.

I typically start emacs and leave it running for weeks
or months at a time, connecting new clients as needed.
Besides eliminating your zillion messages, starting
a client is much faster then starting emacs.

Bruce C. Miller wrote:
When I start up Gnu Emacs, I see a message that reads "For
information about the GNU Profject and its goals, type C-h C-p." in
the minibuffer/ echo area.

Having already read this story (several times, in fact), I find this message rather annoying after seeing it for the zillionth time, but I
 haven't been able to turn this off. Can it be done?