Re: tab size with emacs22 on Windows

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: tab size with emacs22 on Windows
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 12:25:50 +0200

Hello Eli,

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 06:11:09AM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > I've installed
> > ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-22.2-bin-i386.zip , and
> > HORIZONTAL TABULATION characters in files with .c extension are
> > displayed as four spaces. I have (add-hook 'c-mode-common-hook '(lambda
> > () (c-set-style "linux"))) in my ~/.emacs and expect them to be
> > displayed as eight spaces.
>
> I cannot reproduce this with "emacs -Q" after setting style to
> "linux".  Are you sure there's no other setting on your .emacs that
> modifies tab-size?

Aha, emacs 22.2.1 works as I expect with -Q. However, when I rename all
.emacs files I can find to .emacs.OLD, start emacs without options, open
a file with a .c extension, and M-x c-set-style RET linux RET, tabs are
displayed as three spaces (I've counted wrongly yesterday).

For now, I could work with -Q, but I'd like to solve this problem; how
could I further analyze it?

With kind regards,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov