Re: Emacs doesn't show source file when debugging with GDB

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: Emacs doesn't show source file when debugging with GDB
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:00:56 +0200

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Nick Roberts <nickrob@snap.net.nz> wrote:
[ snip ]
> How do you run Gdb?  Hopefully like this:
>
> Run gdb (like this): gdb --annotate=3 myprog

nope. It's a custom line that call a script which in turn initialize some
devices before launching gdb. But --annotate option is missing anyways.

After I added it, I now have this in emacs when it tries to show the source
code:

error in process filter: Phase error in gdb-pre-prompt (got pre-emacs)

Do you know what's wrong now ?

> If you remove the --annotate=3 option, Emacs will behave as you describe.

Well it worked before though.

Thanks
--
Francis