Re: Emacs doesn't show source file when debugging with GDB

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Emacs doesn't show source file when debugging with GDB
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:29:45 +1200

 > nope. It's a custom line that call a script which in turn initialize some
 > devices before launching gdb. But --annotate option is missing anyways.
 >
 > After I added it, I now have this in emacs when it tries to show the source
 > code:
 >
 > error in process filter: Phase error in gdb-pre-prompt (got pre-emacs)
 >
 > Do you know what's wrong now ?

I can only guess as you don't say which version you are using or what your
script does.  ISTR that in Gdb didn't work in Emacs 22.1 if there was a Gdb
command that started execution in the .gdbinit file (or I guess with the -x
option).  This was fixed in Emacs 22.2

 > > If you remove the --annotate=3 option, Emacs will behave as you describe.
 >
 > Well it worked before though.

Before what? i.e. with which version of Emacs?  How did it work?  In graphical
mode with breakpoint icons, stack, locals buffers etc or just text mode
with the GUD buffer?