Re: extract flyspell errors to abbrev list

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: extract flyspell errors to abbrev list
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 23:38:34 +0200

On Fri, May 16 2008, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:

>     I am writing a lot of text in German using
>     auctex-cdlatex and flyspell, which works fine, except
>     that I use an american keyboard layout and have trouble
>     to insert German umlaute. Actually I just want to type
>     the american work-around like 'ae' for 'À'

(you meant 'ä' instead of 'À'; your slrn sends UTF-8 declared as
iso-8859-15.)

>     and replace it using abbrevs. The problem with this is that I
>     would have to create an abbrev for every german word with
>     umlaute... so, is there a way to let abbrev lern from the
>     displayed mistakes of flyspell? Or is there another nice way to
>     create umlaute without switching the keyboard?

Use the german-postfix input method:

- `M-x set-input-method RET german-postfix RET' (C-x RET C-\, <menu-bar>
  <options> <mule> <set-input-method>)

- `M-x toggle-input-method RET' (C-\, <menu-bar> <options> <mule>
  <toggle-input-method>)

,----[ M-x describe-input-method RET german-postfix RET ]
| Input method: german-postfix (mode line indicator:DE<)
|
| German (Deutsch) input method
|
| ae  -> ä
| aee -> ae
| oe  -> ö
| oee -> oe
| ue  -> ü
| uee -> ue
| sz  -> ß
| szz -> sz
|

| KEY SEQUENCE
| You can input characters by the following key sequences:
| key char  [type a key sequence to insert the corresponding character]
| AE  Ä  OE  Ö    UE  Ü    ae  ä    oe  ö    sz  ß    ue  ü
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,