Re: extract flyspell errors to abbrev list

From: Fabian Braennstroem
Subject: Re: extract flyspell errors to abbrev list
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 11:39:07 +0200

Hi Reiner,

* Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> wrote:
> On Fri, May 16 2008, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:

[...]
>>     and replace it using abbrevs. The problem with this is that I
>>     would have to create an abbrev for every german word with
>>     umlaute... so, is there a way to let abbrev lern from the
>>     displayed mistakes of flyspell? Or is there another nice way to
>>     create umlaute without switching the keyboard?
>
> Use the german-postfix input method:
>
> - `M-x set-input-method RET german-postfix RET' (C-x RET C-\, <menu-bar>
>   <options> <mule> <set-input-method>)
>
> - `M-x toggle-input-method RET' (C-\, <menu-bar> <options> <mule>
>   <toggle-input-method>)
>
> ,----[ M-x describe-input-method RET german-postfix RET ]
>| Input method: german-postfix (mode line indicator:DE<)
>|
>| German (Deutsch) input method
>|
>| ae  -> ä
>| aee -> ae
>| oe  -> ö
>| oee -> oe
>| ue  -> ü
>| uee -> ue
>| sz  -> ß
>| szz -> sz
>|

>| KEY SEQUENCE
>| -----------
>| You can input characters by the following key sequences:
>| key char  [type a key sequence to insert the corresponding character]
>| --- ---- --- ---- --- ---- --- ---- --- ---- --- ---- --- ----
>| AE  Ä         OE  Ö    UE  Ü    ae  ä    oe  ö    sz  ß    ue  ü

Thanks, that looks great. There is probably a chance to set
the 'german-postfix' as local variable in a tex buffer? I
tried something like

% german-postfix: t
% set-input-method: german-postfix
% input-method: german-postfix

I would be even better, if is connected to the 'german8'
dictionary :-)

Thanks!
 Fabian