Re: Is it possible to use new Emacsen with non-ASCII?

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: Is it possible to use new Emacsen with non-ASCII?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 02:33:42 +0000 (UTC)

Eli Zaretskii
<eliz@gnu.org>], who wrote in article
<mailman.11853.1211223527.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>:
> That would of course be nice, but it's not required.  I'm willing to
> try to write it myself (if it's not already there), if only I knew
> what Ilya wanted to find in the manual.

That part is very easy.  (And I explained it many times already.)

The hoops the user should go through to make Emacs 8-bit-clean in an
8-bit-clean TTY should be completely documented, in one section of the
manual.  (It would be yet greater if this were available via an
environment variable, such as

 env EMACS_8BIT_CLEAN=1 emacs -nw

).

Yours,