Re: Dired like functionality on a custom text file

From: Bernardo Bacic
Subject: Re: Dired like functionality on a custom text file
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 22:07:21 +1000

it was a dark and stormy night when Jesse said, On 05/20/2008 04:38 AM:
I have a situation where I have a lot of common files i need to edit
but they are all in various directories spread across my hard drive.
I was trying to come up with a way where I could make a text file that
has all the paths to the files I commonly need and somehow open that
file into a dired like mode.

> Is there anyway I can do this, or even
alternatively possibly easily pass the current line my cursor is on in
that file to the mini buffer when I put in the visit command?

could it be that find-file-at-point (M-x ffap) is what you are looking for here?