Re: how to execute sql script under sql-oracle mode?

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: how to execute sql script under sql-oracle mode?
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 18:56:05 +1000

sunway <sunwayforever@gmail.com> writes:

> for example,when using @foo in sql-oracle mode, error says "unable to
> open file foo.sql" , how to solve the problem?
> btw,is it possible to use TAB to complete sql script filename?

I expect your problem is that the sqlplus subprocess has a different
startup/working directory than the one you are using. to put the file
in. Either work out what the starting directory is and use a full path
or see if you can set the path using sqlplus configuraiton options in
the sqlplus init file.

You can probably find out what directory sqlplus thinks is the current
directory by executing a pwd command from within sqlplus buffer or
shelling out.

Not sure what you mean by tab completion of the filename - do you mean
from within the sqlplus subprocess? If so, it could be done, but isn't
part of the standard mode.

What I tend to do is open the sql script file and use the key bindings
to send the contents of the buffer/region to the sqlplus subprocess.

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au