Re: Dired like functionality on a custom text file

From: Alan
Subject: Re: Dired like functionality on a custom text file
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 22:39:58 -0700 (PDT)

I have found globalff.el a tremendous help to quickly find files
scattered all over tarnations.  I have to have locate or slocate up to
date, and I had to make sure that the directories I am interested in---
in deep and dark regions of my machine --- are searched and indexed by
updatedb.  It is possible to save the link and open it elsewhere, or
open the files right away.

That being said, I think the virtual dired option will be interesting
for me.  I use a kind of a depot file for org-mode to keep a list of
links to important directories and files all over the place.  What is
lacking is the ability to grep-find...   I use long filenames, though.

Alan