Re: hide-ifdef

From: Rupert Swarbrick
Subject: Re: hide-ifdef
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:59:57 +0100

tomer <tomer1levin@walla.co.il> writes:

> I need to use hide-ifdef.el with other langauge than c. which the
> semantic of ifdef else endif  is little different than c.
> I have the source code of hide-ifdef and i found the place to change
> it.
> my question is:
> How can I overide the installed  hide-ifdef to and use the source code
> i have changed ?
> Thanks
> Tomer

Yes. Indeed, when you're trying stuff out, it's probably best to edit
a copy and C-x C-e after the changed defuns to make sure your code
does what it's supposed to do.

After that, what I'd do is plonk your new version somewhere and ensure
that the directory of the new version is earlier on your load-path
than that of the official one. Then (require 'hide-ifdef) (or whatever
the correct syntax is) will get your new version.

Rupert