python.el: turn off automatic template expansion

From: micbre
Subject: python.el: turn off automatic template expansion
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 06:56:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

when writing python code in emacs23, as soon as I type something that
might be a template it is expanded. For example when I want to write a
function "ask_for_help"  as soon as I have typed ask_for_  I'm asked
for a "target" in the minibuffer.  This is most annoying with list
comprehensions: I can never finish typing it and instead end up with
something like this:  "[x for x in alist:" plus blank lines.  Same is
true for def, class, etc.
This can't be the correct behaviour, can it? Do you have any idea how
to turn this off?

emacs version: GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
2.12.0)
 of 2008-03-07 on iridium, modified by Debian

Cheers,

    mike