Re: error when using tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: error when using tramp
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:30:07 +0200

sunway <sunwayforever@gmail.com> writes:

>> I think I have solved the prblem:
>> I have inserted a bad item as "solaris-edu.unix-center.net
>> solaris"  in /etc/hosts before...the problem is solved after I delete
>> that line.
>>
>> however, I still wonder how that  bad item in /etc/hosts could affect
>> tramp since it seems that tramp has successfully connected to the
>> remote host.
>
> after restart emacs, the  problem remains there...

Tramp caches information about hosts. Maybe this information is stale,
after you have changed host names etc.

Please apply "M-x tramp-cleanup-all-buffers". If the problem remains,
cleanup the Tramp buffers again, setup the debugging options as shown
yesterday, rerun the test, and show the Tramp buffers.

The debug buffer I've seen yesterday did contain only part of the
connection trace, so I couldn't find out what went wrong.

Best regards, Michael.