default-directory in windows

From: rahed
Subject: default-directory in windows
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 19:46:52 +0000

Hi,

in emacs 22.1 I had (setq default-directory "D:\/my/default/dir/") in my
.emacs.

This no longer works with my 22.2 - it's ignored when I run the emacs. I
had to set the running directory within my windows link to runemacs.exe.

Now when I want to open a file with C-x C-f there's a correct default
path in a minibuffer but with backslashes as directory separators. And
that annoyes me. Though consequently tab completion switches the slashes
to forward ones.

Does default-directory work with 22.2?

--
Radek