howto build separate cvs version?

From: knubee
Subject: howto build separate cvs version?
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 06:35:52 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to install a cvs version of emacs -- but do not want it to
interfere/interact with my existing installation. I just want to be
able to try out the cvs version a bit.

After looking around, it seemed as if the main things to do were a)
ensure that everything was configured for an install directory that
differs from the location of my existing installation; and b) give the
build a suffix so as to call it by name.

Here is what I tried:

> cd /test
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sv.gnu.org:/sources/emacs co -d
> emacs-cvs-source emacs
> cd /emacs-cvs-installation
> /test/emacs-cvs-source/configure --prefix=/test/emacs-cvs-installation
> --program-suffix=-from-cvs
> make bootstrap
> make
> make install

This seems to complete without error, but the following generates an
error:

> emacs-from-cvs
bash: emacs-from-cvs: command not found

What am I doing wrong?