Re: Move line

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: Move line
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 08:34:51 -0400

The elisp experts have given you a function to do what you want.

As a novice, what I do is define a keyboard macro to do what I want,
save the macro, and assign the saved macro to a key.

rock69 wrote:
I'm rather new to emacs, but I'm addicted already. I used to use Eclipse a lot before, and there is one thing I'm missing though I'm pretty sure that it must be available somewhere in Emacs. I was wondering if it's possible to move (shift) a line of text up or down like you would do in Eclipse pressing Alt-up (or down).