Removing menu from menu bar

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Removing menu from menu bar
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 18:00:35 +0200

Is it possible to remove menues from the menu bar that a mode defines,
without modifying the source code, but rather using a hook, advice, or
some other device that doesn't touch the source?  For example, if
xyz-mode defines menues xyz1 and xyz2, can I replace them by a menu xyz
without altering the source code?  I'm particularly interested in the
case where the mode defines the menues using easymenu.el.  I'd be
grateful for any suggestions, code snippets, etc.

Steve Berman