two auctex questions

From: emacs user
Subject: two auctex questions
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 05:32:30 -0700 (PDT)

hi, these two seem too challenging for me even after looking at the
documentation.  any help would be appreciated.

1) I use a latex documentclass XXXTeX that is built around natbib but
which does not call natbib explicitly so that auctex does not know
natbib is involved.  What do I do to have the natbib style activated
whenever I edit these files, so that I can have the natbib
highlighting etc.  I don't like those auto or style subdirectories
saved in every directory where I have a latex file, so if possible,
I'd rather have a solution that does not involve many such individual
subdirectories.

2) I use the prv perl script to compile, preview, and print LaTeX
documents.  This runs latex, bibtex, latex again etc, as many times as
required and then previews the resulting pdf file.  I would like to
add an icon to the toolbar that activates this command.  I have a bash
script that runs prv and I was able to add it to the menubar as a tex-
command.

thanks...  E