Re: auto correction propagation mode

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: auto correction propagation mode
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 20:05:59 +0200

Am Samstag, 7. Juni 2008 schrieb Plamen Tanovski:
> Hi,
>
> I need a mode, where emacs "whatches" my typing, and if I correct a word,
> emacs does the same correction on all remaining text in the buffer, after I
> leave the word. For example, if I correct the _first_ "foo" to "fip" in
>
>       The foo is not always foo, not even really foo.
>
> emacs changes automatically the sentence (in the background) to
>
>       The fip is not always fip, not even really fip.
>
> I searched the net but didn't find smth. apropriate.
>

> Best regards

Just to indicate a direction how this could be done IMHO:

(defun allkorr ()
  (interactive "*")
  (let* ((wap (word-at-point))
        (replmt (read-from-minibuffer "Correction: " wap)))
    (define-abbrev text-mode-abbrev-table wap replmt)
    (expand-region-abbrevs (point-min) (point-max))))

It uses the abbrev facility, prompts for the correct
word, which will be registered as an expansion for the
then wrong word, conceived as an abbrev in the text.

`expand-region-abbrevs' will query you then for every
replacement. This might be abolished still, bound to an
argument etc.

HTH

Andreas Röhler