Re: Special character Emacs

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: Special character Emacs
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 22:18:54 +0200

Andreas Wittmann <andreas_wittmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> it says "<dead-circumflex is undefined>" how can i define it?

As I guessed earlier, your ^ is a dead key.  (Next time, please post any
error messages right away.)

Most likely you didn't want it to be a dead key in the first place.  You
can fix that by selecting the eliminate-dead-keys keyboard layout
variant in Ubuntu.

However, in my clean install of Ubuntu, Emacs 22 handles dead keys just
fine.  (That is, it ignores dead-circumflex.)  Please verify that the
error occurs with emacs -Q, and please answer my earlier question on
whether you run emacs from the terminal.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher