RE: OP mail delayed?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: OP mail delayed?
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 14:56:42 -0700

> > I seem to be getting the OP of a thread a day or two after
> > the follow-ups. Anyone else seeing that?
>
> If you are receiving the list by mail, it is probably the spam filter
> at your end delaying mail by unknown senders. I always get bounces
> when following up to your messages (usually they are Cc'ed to the
> list, so they probably get through to you that way), I think
> oracle.com's spam filter is overly paranoid.

Hm. Maybe. But:

. Others are seeing the same thing.
. This just started happening - it didn't happen before.
. I don't see this in other GNU Emacs mailing lists.

What is the difference between a message with RE coming from the list and a
message without RE? Wouldn't they both be treated the same by a spam filter? Why
would the latter (the OP) be delayed more than the former?

This is not about messages sent directly to me from someone. It is about
messages that come from this list.