RE: Byte-compilation warnings

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Byte-compilation warnings
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:21:04 -0700

> When I byte-compile my elisp files I get lots of warnings
> concerning cl:
>
> Warning: Function `evenp' from cl package called at runtime
>
> I find that annoying because (a) it drowns important warnings
> and (b) it is about a coding convention for packages
> distributed with Emacs that does not concern me at the moment.
> Surely, Emacs maintainers are able to
> determine if something from cl is called at run time without
> spamming the compile log for every user.

I sympathize with you.

FWIW, however, I appreciate this warning (information, really) as a user. I want
to recognize when I might want to either code something differently or use
(eval-when-compile (require 'cl)).

> How can I get rid of it?

Dunno. It would be nice if compiler messages could be silenced in classes (e.g.
info, warnings). Maybe they can.