Termcap error

From: Marloque
Subject: Termcap error
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:57:24 -0700

Hello - first post.

I got the source tree from CVS for Emacs 23. When I tried to make it with --prefix=/home/marloque/emacs It compiled perfectly, but when I ran it it complained about not being able to find the termcap. So I made it without a prefix and it did successfully install, but upon execution still had the error.

Then when I tried to run the Emacs from Debian's apt, which had worked before this, the same error occurred. I reinstalled Debian and haven't touched the CVS source since.

What's this about? Is this a common error?

--Marloque