custom rgrep with multi dirs

From: Xah
Subject: custom rgrep with multi dirs
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 02:31:19 -0700 (PDT)

i'd like to write a custome rgrep command so that it greps several
predefined dirs at once.

for example, here's what i like the actualy command to run:

find ~/dir1 ~/dir2 ~/dir3 -name "*html" -exec grep -i -nH -e myStr {} /
dev/null \;

all i want the my-rgrep to ask me is about the myStr. And of course i
want the output in nice usual rgrep output with word highlighted and
file linked.

Any suggestion on how to do that?

... for extra... where would i start to learn about how to get unix
shell output into the format rgrep uses? i.e. hotlink file names and
highlight words. Is there a general api/function or does it involve
detailed programing of text properties etc myself?

Thanks.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/