Re: Special character Emacs

From: Nikolaj Schumacher
Subject: Re: Special character Emacs
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 18:30:54 +0200

Andreas Wittmann <andreas_wittmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> i run emacs with "emacs-snapshot-gtk" from the terminal. Starting with
> "emacs-snapshot-gtk -Q" has as far as i can see no effect.

The terminal sometimes messes keys up.  I believe in this case, Emacs
shouldn't be receiving the keystroke at all, but my knowledge in this
area is limited.  If it behaves correctly in other terminal apps, I'd
report an Emacs bug to be sure.

> where is the eliminate-dead-keys keyboard?

In Gnome:
System > Keyboard > Layouts > Layout Options > Add

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher