Re: TeX vs LaTeX

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: TeX vs LaTeX
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:13:18 +0200

Am 17.06.2008 um 11:10 schrieb Sébastien Vauban:

\textem{example}  % `font-latex-sedate-face'
\em{example} % `font-latex-italic-face' on `font-latex-sedate- face'

The only difference is the italic applied on the same face...

Because \textem{} is neither LaTeX nor TeX but something you might have invented. I can't find it my LaTeX Companion, second edition, from January 2005 ...

The is not much sense in distinguishing between so-called "TeX" and so-called "LaTeX." LaTeX understands TeX quite well. Do you change your voice or do something else while speaking and using a word that has its origin in Latin or one that has Celtic or Scandinavian ancestors or one that has been taken over from English or German?

I think it's possible to work through all available TeX sources on CTAN and determine the few thousand code words that they get fontified differently then obvious LaTeX code words.

--
Greetings

  Pete

One-Shot Case Study, n.:
        The scientific equivalent of the four-leaf clover, from
        which it is concluded all clovers possess four leaves
        and are sometimes green.