Re: Binding C-a to select all

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Binding C-a to select all
Date: 25 Jun 2008 06:02:55 GMT

Davin Pearson wrote:
> and I have never looked back!  To me this seems sensible because a PC
> keyboard already has cursor keys and home/end keys so I believe that
> there is no need for the those standard Emacs keybindings.

the reason for using control key combos for cursor movement rather than the
cursor keys is that you don't need to take your hands off the keyboard to
move the cursor. that way you can move around the text a lot faster,
especially if you're a touch-typist.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)