Re: Binding C-a to select all

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: Binding C-a to select all
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:36:20 -0400

Davin Pearson <davin.pearson@gmail.com> writes:

> I am using Emacs to teach computer programming to computer novices

They'll continue being novices unless forced out of their comfort
zones.

What I mean is that if you get them to learn the Emacs way, suddenly
they'll be advanced computer users ;)

> and therefore I need to modify Emacs to make it more like a standard
> Windows application.

I disagree that you need to: at least some of the people in your class
will find Emacs keybindings (and the rest of the interface) more
comfortable and logical, and they'll see why they've been so frustrated
with "standard Windows" applications.

Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson