"reduced-mode" wanted

From: Ali Pang
Subject: "reduced-mode" wanted
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 05:20:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I would like to set up emacs for users in a way s.t. it is easy to use for
windows users without that much computer experience to use emacs.

Specifically I was wondering if there is some mode that reduces all (to
these users) "dangerous" aspects of emacs, like key chords etc, that could
be confusing? Also adding windows-like keys etc would be perfect, like
ctrl+x/c/v, and anything else I might have forgotten.

Would I just need an .emacs here? I.e. could I disable key chords by simply
unbinding all keys? (And in that case, is there any easy way to do this?)

I will use this in combination with the latex-mode, using a simplified
version of latex (i.e. they will be using new commands defined by me), and
some easy key bindings I would add afterwards. Thus I would want things to
remain simple after loading this major mode.

Thanks for any help