Re: Slow Screen redraw on scrolling

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Slow Screen redraw on scrolling
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:37:34 +0200

lanchka wrote:

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:

Hi Bhargav,

What version of Emacs and what OS are you using? The current development version is slow on screen update currently because of a new way of handling fonts.

I am using the current gtk snapshot of emacs because I want to use pretty
fonts.On ubuntu 8.04.
My bad,should have mentioned this .So does this mean I'll have to keep using
22 for some more time till this is sorted out?

That is up to you. I have no idea how long it will take until the screen updating is faster.

Maybe you would like to use the snapshot and help (and maybe fix) bugs.