Re: gud : Phase error in gdb-pre-prompt (got pre-emacs)

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gud : Phase error in gdb-pre-prompt (got pre-emacs)
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 19:35:46 +1200

 > > Emacs just builds a list of filenames from GDB that were used to build the
 > > executable.  If you specify the name later in the GUD buffer, it doesn't
 > > build
 > > that list.  That makes it quicker but if there are relevant files in
 > > existing
 > > buffers or you visit them they won't be enabled for debugging, e.g., you
 > > won't
 > > be able to click in the fringe to set a breakpoint until execution has
 > > already
 > > stopped there.
 > >
 > How to disable emacs from "builds a list of filenames from GDB?"
 > I have the same problem, and You have given me similiar solution. But it
 > does not work.

If it doesn't work then maybe it's a different problem.  I suspect not though.
What happens if you use Markus' approach below?

    It seems to work when I start gdb without binary and load it from gdb with
    (gdb) file binary.bin
    (gdb) run

 > So now, I prefer emacs not build it. Maybe there should be a flag for it.

As I explained to Markus, I have created a flag, gdb-create-source-file-list,
but you need to checkout Emacs from the CVS repository at Savannah to get it.
Be aware, though, that it works like the patch that I posted to you last time.