Ediff patching ?

From: pierre . catello
Subject: Ediff patching ?
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 07:08:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm new to Ediff, and I have some troubles with the interactive
patching facility...

1) when I try to apply a patch to a particular file (ediff-patch-
file), there are 3 hunks out of 12 which fail. When using the
standalone patch tool, only the last hunk fails. And when using the
command ediff-patch-buffer, it is only the last hunk which fail (same
as with the standalone patch). Why do ediff-patch-file and ediff-patch-
buffer do not have the same result on the same input ?

2) when ediff-patch-buffer fails on a hunk, there is not __patched
buffer, so it is not possible to solve the reject... Am I missing
something ?

3) Is it possible for Ediff for reviewing patch hunks interactively ?
I mean, when applying a patch, there is the same output as with the
standalone patch and it does not seem possible to browse through the
hunks that raise the reject.

Thanks for your help !