Re: gdb-show-main disappeared...

From: Denis Golovan
Subject: Re: gdb-show-main disappeared...
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 19:05:43 +0300

On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 10:36:51AM +1200, Nick Roberts wrote:

> [please cc help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org]

  Of course.

>  > >  >     I have a trouble using gdb-show-main option in emacs 23.0.60 (cvs
>  > >  > version).  It simply lacks gdb-show-main. Any help?
>  > >
>  > > It still seems to be there if you do `C-h v gdb-show-main'.
>  >
>  >   Yes, it's present in documentation, and even can be saved to .emacs, but
>  >   doesn't work, still showing gdb text buffer.
>
> That sounds like a different problem.  How do you mean "it doesn't work"?

  Doesn't show main function and can't be called from mini-buffer (I think
command-line below is called so)

>  > > Note though that it's not autoloaded so you need to load gdb-ui.el first,
>  > > e.g., by doing M-x gdb or M-x load-library<RET> gdb-ui<RET>.
>  >
>  >   Yeap, I do M-x gdb and no luck. M-x load-library<RET> gdb-ui<RET> says:
>  >
>  >
>  > and also doesn't help. Maybe some other el files are not in place.
>  >
>  > P.S. I'm Emacs-newbie, as you see.
>
> The principles of bug reporting are not specific to Emacs.  See the node
> "Reporting Bugs" in the Emacs manual. Can you explain what the symptoms are
> and
> exactly how to reproduce it?

  Well, it's easy - try to build emacs from svn source, build any program with
debug info and M-x gdb. Next is
all we discussing. BTW, gdb-ui DOES contain gdb-show-main, I checked.

--
Best regards,
Denis Golovan aka MageSlayer