Re: Browsing Unicode Symbols

From: Xah
Subject: Re: Browsing Unicode Symbols
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 00:43:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 8, 5:58 am, Nordlöw <per.nord...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to visually browse/explore the Unicode symbols
> available in GNU Emacs (CVS) either globally or locally defined by a
> specific/current font? Compare list-colors-display().

I'm not aware of one... (not that i would know...)

However, you could easly create your own by several means. Here's few
possibilities.

• Just create a file and insert unicode you use often. Then, you can
easily define a command and bind it to f6, so pressing a buttons shows
it.

For some symbols i use, i have

http://xahlee.org/emacs/unicode.txt
http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/t1/20040505_unicode.html

; open my unicode template with F8 key
(global-set-key (kbd "<f8>")
  (lambda () (interactive) (find-file "~/my_unicode_template.txt")))

• here's a code that insert unicode chars 32 to 128

(let ((x 32))
  (while (/= x 128)
    (ucs-insert x)
    (setq x (+ x 1))))