Re: emacs 22.2 with gmail POP

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: emacs 22.2 with gmail POP
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 13:17:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

Great, how this group/mailinglist works!

Joel J. Adamson schrieb:
> Debian might be the problem: is there something in site-start.el that
> might screw with your settings?

I am a long time debian user, but I am quite new to emacs.
I am not sure. But I trust debian ;).
So I think, no ...

> I don't need to use fetchmail!  I think there's another solution.  Trust
> me, CVS Emacs is very usable, and it has many great features that are
> well worth it.

Great if it works for you! (Really *no irony tag*)
But, only to get a quite new emacs, I switched from stable to testing
(name says everything, I guess). I like linux, I like Debian, and
there is not
a chance I will go *any* further than I already did.
I would rather like to help the debian distribution to fix this
problem.
Thats why I asked the OP: Do you use Debian?!  *ping*
That would ease my discomfort, filing a bug.

I still can not believe I found a bug that is not already in the
bts ;)

thx for your helpfull suggestion!
(no need to cc me, I read the list :) I really need to learn much more
about emacs)

memnon