Emacs vs. TextMate (not trying to start an editor war)

From: Cezar Halmagean
Subject: Emacs vs. TextMate (not trying to start an editor war)
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 23:10:07 -0700

Hello,

  I have been using emacs for the past 5 years or so and I've recently
  stumbled upon TextMate. I love the way TextMate handles *web modes*
  like integration of html + javascript + css in the same file and
  I've always had a problem doing that in emacs.

  I wonder what's the problem, why has an editor like TextMate gone so
  far in just a few years and Emacs is still not there yet.

Regards,
Cezar