Re: Emacs vs. TextMate (not trying to start an editor war)

From: Cezar Halmagean
Subject: Re: Emacs vs. TextMate (not trying to start an editor war)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:57:49 -0700

On 2008-07-10 12:47:11 -0700, adamsonj@email.unc.edu (Joel J. Adamson) said:

Cezar Halmagean <cezar@mixandgo.com> writes:

Hello,

I have been using emacs for the past 5 years or so and I've recently
stumbled upon TextMate. I love the way TextMate handles *web modes*
like integration of html + javascript + css in the same file and
I've always had a problem doing that in emacs.

I wonder what's the problem, why has an editor like TextMate gone so
far in just a few years and Emacs is still not there yet.

Still not where?  Still not the best text editor, no wait, the best
piece of software ever created?

Oh wait, nevermind...

You probably just haven't tried the right add-ons yet, or written them
yourself ;)  You have the freedom to do both.
Joel

Dude, are you high or sumthin ? I know what Emacs is and that you can write your own OS from scratch if you want. You seem to be missing the point though.

Cezar