Re: How to type when using Emacs?

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: How to type when using Emacs?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 17:28:36 -0700 (PDT)

On 9 Jul., 17:22, SomeDeveloper <somedevelo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just getting started withEmacs. Would like to get advice on how to
> train finger movement when learning/usingEmacs.

Hi!

I am also quite new to emacs.
The first thing I did was mapping caps lock to control.
I tend to press keys quite heavily and using the usual
caps lock postitions is quite painfull after an hour or so.

Another tip I read was to curl your pinkie to press control.
I do this quite a lot for my right hand, because I really try to use
both hands. But my joint still hurts pretty soon actually.

I still recommend curling your right pinkie. It is just a matter of
habbit.

Thanks for your question! You reminded me of an idea I once
had and I am again investigating if it works somehow.
Using my Thinkpad X30, the mouse buttons are right
under my thumbs. (Alt/Meta really is not!)
So I try to find a way to map mouse 1 or 3 (pressed) +
any key to Control + any key and mouse 2 (pressed) +
any key to Alt/Meta + any key.

This would be really convenient, at least on my board.
Still found no really solution to do this.
Any suggestions are really appreciated!