Re: gdb with tramp problem

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gdb with tramp problem
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:29:58 +1200

Michael Albinus writes:
 > Joe Bloggs <who@cares.invalid> writes:
 >
 > > Emacs 21.4.1 on Debian Etch with gdb 6.4.90-debian, and using cc-mode
 > > version 5.31.3
 > > 'info source' from within gdb gives the correct path to the source file.
 > > Strange thing is I can set the breakpoint from within the source buffer
 > > with C-x <SPC>
 >
 > Which version of Tramp do you use? I would expect that you need Tramp
 > 2.1; Tramp 2.0 (as offered by Debian) is not sufficient AFAIK.
 >
 > I also remember some tuning in Emacs 23 wrt cooperation of gdb and
 > Tramp. Nick shall know it better than I do :-) but likely Emacs 23 is
 > the best choice for this task.

I think it needs this change:

2007-07-11  Michael Albinus  <michael.albinus@gmx.de>

        * progmodes/gud.el (gud-file-name): When `default-directory' is a
        remote file name, prepend its remote part to the filename.
        (gud-common-init): When `default-directory' is a remote file name,
        make the filename relative to it.

which missed 22.1 but is part of Emacs 22.2.