Re: Is there any elisp functions to tell whether the cursor is in a comm

From: Joe Bloggs
Subject: Re: Is there any elisp functions to tell whether the cursor is in a comment block?
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 21:10:56 +0100

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> Joe Bloggs wrote:
>> I guess I would have to adapt Johan's code to get it to work in
>> emacs 21, but thanks anyway.
>
> Just out of curiosity: Why don't you upgrade to Emacs 22?

I tried, but couldn't get it to work properly.
I wasted a whole day ****ing around with my .emacs, load-path etc.
I use quite a lot of packages and I'm not sure which ones are
compatible or not. So for the moment I'm sticking with what works (i.e. emacs
21).
Actually maybe you could give me some tips on a smooth transition?
My OS is Debian Etch.
Currently I get the following error when I start up emacs 22.2:

"File error: Cannot open load file, tramp-gw"

which means I can't use tramp.

Wouldn't mind trying out emacs 23 at some point either.