"ange-ftp" with a space in filename

From: shoichi takasaki
Subject: "ange-ftp" with a space in filename
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:19:11 +0000

Hi there,

I just started using 'ange-ftp' on an emacs built for windows and encounter access issues when a filename or directory name contains a space in it. This should be very common issues as I can imagine a space can be used all the time for filenames in Windows world. How do you get around with this except modifying elisp code for it?

(I am hoping this issue is not left out due to a political issue between Unix and Windows system. But I don't think that is the case as Dired can work perfectly for local files with or without a space in it.)

emacs-version: GNU Emacs 22.0.990.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-05-23 on LENNART-69DE564 (patched)

Thanks.
Shoichi