Recursively Profiling a Function Call(-Tree)

From: Nordlöw
Subject: Recursively Profiling a Function Call(-Tree)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 04:25:36 -0700 (PDT)

Is it somehow possible to recursively profile (the whole call-graph)
the call of a specific emacs lisp function. The reason for asking is
that the killing of buffers using my Emacs add-ons has become
annoyingly slow recently and I would like to have a convenient way of
figuring out why.

If not maybe we could construct such as profiling using a general hook
that gets called before and/or after the call of any other function.

Thanks in advance,
Nordlöw