Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:42:45 +0200

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 13:50, Phil Carmody
<thefatphil_demunged@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I, as a user of the software application called "emacs"
> must be familiar with that functions are bound to what
> keys in order to use that software application.

Which is *absolutely* unrelated to whether that relationship between
keystroke and function can be found in the manual and documentation
under "keybinding" or "shortcut" or "key assignment" or any other
name. Which is what was being discussed.

> An absolute assertion is false as soon as one counter-example
> is found. An absolute assertion was made. I provided a counter-
> example.

Oh, I don't think so. Go figure.

   Juanma