Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:44:49 +0200

Bastien wrote:
"Juanma Barranquero" <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:

I worry about the people who simply leaves Emacs behind.

The learning curve might be one problem. The absence of some features the user want is another one.

If Emacs implements a feature that no other editor implements
then the user is usually not fussy about the learning curve.

Are you sure about that? What about if the learning time is so long that it outweight the benefits of the feature the user want?

So instead of always trying to lessen the difficulty of learning Emacs, I think we should concentrate on features that users want (like CEDET, Tabs, etc.)

Those who say "Hey! The learning curve is too high." are those
who don't really want/need Emacs.