Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:34:39 +0200

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> Bastien wrote:
>>
>> If Emacs implements a feature that no other editor implements
>> then the user is usually not fussy about the learning curve.
>
> Are you sure about that? What about if the learning time is so long that
> it outweight the benefits of the feature the user want?

Then the user can just accuse himself of being lazy.

I don't say I'm sure about anything here, because we are talking about
very empirical matters.  But I'm under this impression.

And it's not as if you could consider the Emacs-learning-curve
independantly of this-feature-learning-curve.  For example, if someone
gets impressed by what Gnus can achieve, then learning Gnus and learning
Emacs overlap to a great extent.

So if someone wants a feature and is ready to learn about it, I guess it
also mean he's ready to learn about Emacs in general.

--
Bastien